This recipe is so basic it takes all variations. Add nuts, seeds, spices. I suppose I prefer to leave out the cinnamon.
3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup small-dice dried fruit
1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted nuts or seeds
Total Time: 40 mins
Makes: About 3 cups
1. Heat the oven to 150°C and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Place the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and
stir to combine; set aside.
3. Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to
combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are
4. Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola
is very light golden brown, about 5 to 15 minutes more.
5. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room
temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. (Note: It will
harden as it cools.)
6. Add the fruit and nuts or seeds to the baking sheet and toss to
Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.